Currently, I am an undergraduate researcher at the Singh Lab at Brown University building models to predict cell type from single-cell data. This past summer, I worked at the Yu Lab building a model to segment glioblastoma slides
Generally, I am interested in the integration of AI/ML in Biomedicine and genomics. I am also interested in single cell genomics, developmental biology, and cancer biology. While most of my work is computationally, I also have experience working in the wet lab.
- Developed graphical neural network to segment glioblastoma slides
- Currently performs better than the state-of-the-art
- Predicting cell type using graphical neural networks and gene interaction networks
- Performs as well as the state of the art and allows for interpretation
- Characterized structural variants in RAD51B, a gene involved in DNA repair
- Built pipeline to superimpose protein structures and cluster based on structural similarity
Berrisford J, ... Zaki H, Velankar S . 2020. Nucleic Acids Research
Environmentally friendly procedure for the aqueous oxidation of benzyl alcohols to aldehydes with dibromodimethylhydantoin (DBDMH) and cyclodextrin: Scope and mechanistic insights
Chaudhuri S, Zaki H, Levine M. 2016. Synthetic Communications
How the biology of sea stars informs the etiology of sea star wasting.
Oulhen N, ... Zaki H, Wares J. 2021. Biological Bulletin
Predicting cell type using gene interaction networks and graphical neural networks. Zaki H, Demetci P, Singh R. 2021. Bioinformatics
Segmenting tumor slides using graphical neural networks.
Zaki H, Zhao J, Yu K. 2021. Bioinformatics
Zaki H, Demetci P, Singh R. 2021. Predicting Cell-Type from Single-Cell Data using Graphical Neural Networks: Brown Summer Symposium, Providence, RI.
Zaki H, Dalin S, Beroukhim R. 2021. Characterizing Structural Variants in RAD51B: Frontiers in Biophysics, Virtual
Zaki H, Dalin S, Beroukhim R. 2020. Characterizing Structural Variants in RAD51B: ABRCMS, Virtual
Zaki H, Dalin S, Beroukhim R. 2020. Characterizing Structural Variants in RAD51B: SACNAS, Virtual
Onorato T, Bonilla A, Zhong B, Veras I, Zaki H, Reyes G, Oulhen N, Wessel G.M, Bisphenol A exposure differentially affects echinoderm embryogenesis. Developmental Biology of the Sea Urchin XXV; Marine Biological Laboratories, Woods Hole (MA), USA.
- Goldwater Scholarship, 2021
- Brown University Undergraduate Teaching and Research Award, 2021
- GE Lloyd Trotter Award, 2021
- Teaching Assistant, CSCI 1810: Computational Molecular Biology
Brown University, Fall 2020
- Teaching Assistant, CHEM 0330: Equilibrium, Rate, and Structure
Brown University, Spring 2019, Fall 2019